Panama residency offers great retirement benefits
When you elect Panama residency, there are some very attractive benefits for retired expats that are hard to resist. Of course, since most pensionados are on a fixed income, the idea of paying less for many common expenses is quite welcome.
Here are some of the retirement benefits available to alien retirees as young as 18.
Travel & Entertainment Benefits
Panama residency entitles you to many great travel and entertainment benefits, such as:
- 50% off the price of admission to movies, theaters, sporting events or other public events
- 30% off fares for buses, trains, small boats and ships
- 25% off the fares of national airlines
- 50% off hotels, motels and boarding houses from Monday to Thursday
- 30% off from Friday through Sunday
- 25% off restaurant food
- 15% off fast food chain restaurants
- 50% discount for passports
Health Care Panama Retirement Benefits
And how about these great medical and health care benefits as a result of Panama residency?
- 15% off hospital and private clinic services, if retiree has no hospital insurance
- 10% off prescribed medications
- 20% off medical consultations
- 15% off dental and optometry services
- Adjustments to the price of medical insurance
Professional Fee Discounts
You can also get these handy discounts as part of your Panama retirement…
- 20% off technical and professional service fees
- 50% off closing costs and commissions for loans
- 15% discount on loans
- 1% reduction of mortgage interest rates
There are also some juicy real estate tax breaks available.
Discounts on Utility Expenses
Panama residency as an expat also entitles you to these discounts on your utility bills:
- 25% discount on power bills of less than $50
- 25% off fixed cost of telephone service
- 25% off water charges below $10
Panama residency retirement benefits are said to be the best in the world. So, if you’re considering a Panama retirement, you’ll want to be sure to include the value of these benefits as part of your decision-making process.